2011 came and went so quickly and we’re already beginning a new year! Amazing! This past year has been great and I’m hoping 2012 will be better! We had several accomplishments in the last year– we sold our Delaware home and bought a home in Georgia; Kevin and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary, Kaitlyn started Kindergarten, we enjoyed a cruise to the Bahamas, etc.
I have been thinking about a New Year’s Resolution and it’s harder than I thought. Losing weight is always a given it seems, so it’s not unique for any one person. According to Wikepedia (your most trusted source of reliable information– SARCASM), a New Year’s resolution is “a commitment that a person makes to one or more lasting personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit. This goal must be reached by the next New Year. Keep in mind that this is a goal, not a wish and should be something that you as a person could strive for.” So, what are my personal goals and projects? Do I have a habit I want to reform??? Hmmmm……
Goals for 2012:
- Visit a different country, one that I haven’t already seen (I guess I should start planning!!)
- Attend an opera (ok, this was already in my schedule- I’m going to see Don Giovanni. But, attending an opera is one of my life goals)
- Lose 10 pounds (cliche!)
- Read at least 2 books (intellectual material- not fictional fantasies)
- Sail on Lake Lanier
- Stop biting my nails
Projects for 2012:
- Continuing Kait’s Gluten Free Meals and start the process of opening a market/wine shop/bakery- Kait’s Market
- Continue my blog and add more recipes
- Train for a triathlon
- Continue writing my book
This may be ambitious, but it’s quite doable in the next year! I’d like to hear some of your resolutions!